Saturday, August 18, 2012

Losing his few remaining marbles?

Prof. Abukhalil, aka "Angry Arab" is a master of the illogical analogy.

 Here is his latest out-of-this-world snort of  derision:

 ""French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius on Friday called for the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to be "smashed fast" as he visited Turkey's largest refugee camp near the Syrian border.""  Does the French government also want to "smash fast" the Roma people?" 

Do I need to spell out the insanity of this analogy?

In what conceivable intelligible universe can any analogy be drawn between Assad's genocidally repressive regime and the Roma people of Europe? 

I said it once and I'll say it again:

 A famous Israeli joke tells about a man who visits a zoo and stands for hours next to the giraffe's enclosure, staring at it in utter fascination and disbelief: There is no such animal, he finally says.

This is more or less how I feel whenever I visit AAAA's blog (on a daily basis). I've been asked why I find this person's fulminations so interesting. I don't really know how to answer except that I look and read and think to myself: this cannot be real.




2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM EDT, Blogger The Sanity Inspector said...

Post more often!

 
At 8:11 AM EDT, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Remaining marbles? I suspect there wasn't any marbles to start with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home