Saturday, July 10, 2010

After the Heat Wave:

Waking up in the early morning to a cool breeze, a luminous sky and the carefree sound of birds chirping in the boughs of the great pine tree that grows in my garden, I remembered Anne Carson's Short Talk on:

Le Bonheur D’Etre Bien Aimee:

Day after day I think of you as I wake up. Someone has put cries of birds on the air like jewels.
On a morning like this, for a brief moment, I caught an echo, a faint memory, of the feeling I used to experience a lot more often in my younger days, of certain optimism and a sense of joy in the simple fact of being alive.

Yehudit Ravitz sings:

Four in the morning

Forgiveness

1 Comments:

At 3:57 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"On a morning like this, for a brief moment, I caught an echo, a faint memory, of the feeling I used to experience a lot more often in my younger days, of certain optimism and a sense of joy in the simple fact of being alive."

I wonder if childhood is the most optimistic time of our life?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home