Friday, October 19, 2007

Give the ball to Brian Habana-na

My most favourite trusted voice on the blogosphere is Norm Geras, author of "Normblog".
He writes with wise and shrewd cognition about this or that, politics, culture, family, anything. Every once in a while, however, he posts something so unfathomable that it defies my understanding. I mean, completely. Mostly it's the Cricket posts. So I learned to skip over them. What's the use? I just don't get it. I didn't think this post is about cricket, which is why I read it. I don't know what it is about. It might be about Cricket after all, or maybe football? There is a ball being sung about. Clueless, I am. Yes, it's football, or rather, Rugby. And the star player seems to defy gravity.

My state of ignorance still did not stop me laughing furiously when I came to this.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM EDT, Blogger Unknown said...

You skip the cricket posts? I am deeply shocked. How do you expect to learn?

On another matter, CC, please can you email me. I mislaid your address. Thanks.

Norm

 
At 5:44 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Noga,

You describe my norm-experience perfectly! I too skip those incomprehensible posts (much as I love that they are being written) - more than you, obviously, since I missed out on the Bri-an Haba-na Bri-an link. Thanks for guiding me there - I needed the cheer...

Still...STILL pondering your challenge! I've realized the problem, partly, is that I feel I'm in a period of transition, questioning and reassessing everything on the theoretical front. Another fall-out from the whole boycott experience, I fear. I'm getting there though, figuring things out...slowly. As with everything: blog posts; and especially these ever-extending publication deadlines!

Be well,
BBA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home